Policies & Assurances
Sample Submission and Delivery
- Our library preparation pipelines are designed to be very robust and can accommodate a wide range of sample qualities. Accordingly, SeqCenter will attempt to process all samples that are submitted. Samples that are submitted with concentrations below the listed minimums may have additional PCR cycles added to their prep, not to exceed the stated maximum of the library prep method, at the discretion of SeqCenter technicians. Any sample that does not produce a viable library after 2 attempts will not be sequenced and will incur a sample failure fee of $20 per sample.
- SeqCenter guarantees delivery of all data and analysis within two weeks (excluding holidays) of receipt of all parts of an order unless otherwise stated. This includes starting genetic material, references (if applicable) and payment information. In the event that data is not delivered within this timeframe, undelivered items will be discounted at a rate of 25%. If these items are not subsequently delivered within 21 days (excluding holidays) of receipt, they will be free of charge.
- For orders that include analysis using a reference, SeqCenter will attempt to use the provided reference to complete the order. It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure the reference is correct, both in terms of content and annotation, and any analysis that must be redone with additional references will be billed at standard rates.
- Whole Genome Sequencing orders with provided references that deviate more than 0.5% from the sequenced data are not able to be completed and variant calling outputs will be replaced by a file indicating the analysis was unable to be completed due to reference incompatibility.
- SeqCenter is not responsible for samples that are lost or delayed in the shipping process, but will make every attempt to reach out to the sender if samples arrive in a questionable condition prior to sequencing.
- All data will be distributed via Box to the email address listed at the time of ordering. Additional users can be added by the customer at their discretion. Alternative methods of distribution (i.e., AWS S3 Bucket) can be accommodated, but must be communicated prior to placing an order.
Sample and Data Retention
- All DNA samples will be stored at -20C for 3 months after data delivery. All RNA samples will be stored at -80C for 3 months after data delivery. Samples that are submitted as agar plates or cell pellets will be stored for a period of 1 week after extraction, and the extracted material will be stored according to the previously described standards.
- All samples being stored are available to be shipped back to the customer upon request. Customer is responsible for shipping costs and applicable handling fees.
- Delivered data will persist on SeqCenter servers for a period of no less than 1 year. If available, data redistributions for orders older than one year are subject to a processing fee. Data and analyses will persist on Box.com cloud storage for a period of no less than 1 year, but will never be removed by SeqCenter and will continue to exist indefinitely subject to the limitations of Box.com policies.
- Orders will not be processed until a valid method of payment has been attached to the order via either Purchase Order or credit card. SeqCenter will gladly accept receipt of samples in advance of payment; however, work will not begin until payment is received.
- Credit card orders are subject to a 3% processing fee. Additionally, any order that uses credit card as a method of payment will have a hold placed on that card for the amount of the order until the work is complete. At the time of data distribution, the credit card charge for the proper amount (including any adjustments) will be pushed through.
- All payments for wire transfers must be for the full amount of the order total plus an additional $20 for transfer fees. Please ensure that any fees to send a wire transfer from the issuing bank are included in transfer amount.
- Unless otherwise stated or agreed upon, all payment is due within 30 days of invoice. Orders that remain unpaid for 90 days will be subject to a 20% late fee.